Tuesday, August 9, 2011

J1025

I was going to ask,"Are you ever scared to do something? To move forward past your comfort zone,or make a drastic change in your life but you're worried of the outcome?";then I thought,wow Matt...everyone has.

I'm afraid of that. I've done extremely sporadic things,I've done carefully planned out things and watched both fail. I get into the modes or routines,where I want to know exactly when everything is going to happen and where and so forth. This week,my biggest concern,has been a route change at work. Yeah,I'm stressing over doing a run in Klamath,instead of Grants Pass or Ashland...like I'm use to,and it's honestly nothing.

Joshua 10:25,"Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous". Granted,Joshua was fighting in an epic battle,killing kings and going nuts in the chapter,but I still want to apply that,regardless if I'm killing kings or driving an armored truck around.

Why is it so easy for us to be worried,or scared? It's like God made that flaw in us intentionally so we have a choice. Think back over your life,if you never once could ever panic or stress anything. How different would your life be? Where would you be? What would you be doing? That's kinda how we're suppose to live,yet it's nearly impossible.

So do it. Plain and simple. Don't be afraid...or discouraged,at all,not one bit. Don't let your life be dulled by your worries. Don't miss out on great opportunities because you're scared. Overcome that and rise above them. You were made "more than a conqueror"(Rom 8:37),so go be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment