Sunday, February 27, 2011

P2717

You know that saying,"you are who you hangout with"? It's so true. If you're a girl who hangs out with a bunch of sluts,people with think you're a slut. If you're a dude that hangs out with gangsters,people will think you're a thug. It's like the law,guilty by association. You can go to jail in this country for doing nothing wrong,just because you were with the wrong people at the wrong time.

I watch Cops,A LOT. I love it. I always wanted to be one,but with state budget cuts and my body falling apart,it didn't happen,but I still love to watch people get tased. Anyways, the other day there was an episode where this kid threw a rock through a car window as it was passing on the street. The cops took 4 kids to jail,even though 1 threw it. They were who they were hanging out with.

In Proverbs,verse 27:17 says,"As iron sharpens iron,a friend sharpens a friend." This goes two ways. Have you ever tried sharpening a knife but did it the wrong way? You can dull it even more by doing it the wrong way. If we want to sharpen our lives,we have to do so with the right tools. Naturally,if you hang around people that party,you will party. If you hang around people that go to church,you will go to church. It's just how human nature is.

I find myself happier when I'm around or talking to people who love the Lord. I find myself dragged down when I don't. That doesn't mean I'm only going to associate with Christians and screw everyone else,but I'll devote my times in which I might feel vulnerable to a group of God fearing people. It's like a crutch. I've been catching up with an old friend lately who wholeheartedly loves Jesus. It's great to just be able to talk,but somehow be encouraged and reminded of God's love through someone,regardless of what they're saying. I want to be more like that. That's something I want to be. I want to be iron to my friends and people I don't know. I want to only sharpen them. I want to be uplifting and encouraging with every word and every action of mine.

What do people see when they talk to you or look at you? Are you sharpening them? Find a way to encourage someone today and maybe someday in the future they'll be able to do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment