Monday, February 28, 2011

2Cor489

Today I was doing my normal morning routine. I took my puppy outside and let him run around a bit while I read my devotional. Today,it focused on people having joy in the midst of pain and/or sorrow. Finding their only spark of hope in the Lord while their world is crashing down around them,while nothing makes sense.

Martin Luther said on his deathbed,"These pains and troubles here are like the type that printers set. When we look at them, we see them backwards, and they seem to make no sense and have no meaning. But up there, when the Lord God prints out our life to come, we will find they make splendid reading." Make sense? We can't explain why God allows things to happen,but we have to believe that it's all for some good,right? I was having a conversation with someone the other night about what real Hell we've both been through,yet,we have come out on top because of it. Hardships aren't tests,they're merely a tool God uses to force us to grow our trust in Him. After,we are better,we are stronger,more reliant,and able to encourage others.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 says,"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." God says we're gonna go through Hell,but that path will lead to Heaven. We're going to face this world and everything it has to offer,but it won't win. John 16:33 tells us,"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

We're all running a race that's already been won. We just have to tough it out until the end. It may be hard,but finishing this race,no matter how slow we may be,will prove rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment