Friday, February 18, 2011

P35

In the Bible,there's book of the Old Testament called Proverbs. This isn't a "typical" book of the Bible by any means. It's what the title is,proverbs. Short,quick to the point guides to life,you could say. There's quite a few and not to value any more than the other,but there are some very good ones. My favorite has to be chapter 3,verse 5.

According to it,we are to; "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart,and lean not on your own understanding."

This is one of the shortest and sweetest verses in the Bible. It's straight to the point. Trust in God,don't rely on your own mind to figure out/comprehend who He is or what He's doing. He made us in a way where we can never fully understand Him,or why things happen,or why men have nipples. By doing so,leaving out that one part of us that's able to fully understand everything,it makes us dependent on Him. He's a smart cookie,let me tell you. Doing that,ultimately makes us always need something. Some people turn to drugs or alcohol or sex,whatever it may be. But you'll never feed that hunger until you find Him. He's the doughnut hole to fill the center of our doughnut(That's a reference from a video I watched in church when I was 5,it's stuck with me since).

But one aspect of this verse I love,one thing I picture when I read this...is sitting in a car. A car has a driver seat and a passenger seat. I see God looking at us,giving us the option to take the wheel and try and navigate our life in an area we don't know,or the option to sit in the passenger seat and let "Jesus Take the Wheel" as Carrie Underwood puts it. As lame as it sounds,I'd much rather ride shotgun in life. I battle this verse constantly because I have trouble understanding things and if I don't understand things,I tend to not believe them.

I'm a walking contradiction. I don't believe in what I don't see...yet I believe in a dude that created everything with His words. One who loves me,who guides me,who pours out His love in tender and stern ways,and one who loves you as well. It's a hard thing to imagine,it really is. People who believe it are some crazy people,but I give all of them credit for walking in faith,believing what is not seen.

I hope you can remember this verse daily. Apply it to circumstances when things don't make sense or when you're stressing something,important or not. Let God deal with it. He says to trust in Him and not rely on yourself...would you believe that coming from a Man that would die for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment