Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5-18

As I lay here,in what seems to come as the second worst pain I've ever been in,I'm thinking a lot. Along with thinking,I'm reading a lot. Probably not what you guessed,but I'm finding a lot of relief in the book "Coming Back Stronger"-The Drew Brees Memoir. If you don't know who he is,he's the New Orleans Saints Quarterback. You'd be surprised at what goes on in this guys life and heart.

On one page,I've already determined he's my new favorite quote-ster. So many things he's said are haunting me,and kinda cleaning out any crap that's clogging my heart and mind.

"God's refining process is never easy. It's kind of like a blacksmith creating a sword. The metal is strengthened when it is repeatedly put in the fire and then pounded with a hammer. But the end result is perfection. All the heat and pounding create strength and beauty,not only on the outside,but especially on the inside. God sometimes puts us in fire,and it's going to hurt,but it will mold and shape us into the people He intends for us to be. When I went through that fire,I didn't know what was ahead for me,and I didn't know what the end result would be. I had to trust and believe that there was a purpose for all of this and take things one day at a time."

1 comment:

  1. This is really good Matt... I can honestly say I do look up to you from what I know about you... I hope we actually meet sometime in our future..

    ReplyDelete