Tuesday, May 17, 2011

L2240

I've been struggling a lot lately,more than I normally do. I mean,as humans we all have stuff we face each day,like sorrow or temptations or anything that brings you down and makes you feel like you're carrying a weight around. I'm not sure what it is,but I think as we drift from God,He allows things to kinda kick us when we're down so we'll realize what's actually going on.

Do you ever get haunted by a verse?Like no matter what you're doing it seems to come up and repeat itself? That was Luke 22:40 for me today. "There He told them,'Pray that you will not give into temptation'". I love how direct that is. It's like Jesus knows we're going to be facing it,but He says to pray about it and let Him help you make a better choice than one that will hurt you or someone around you.

Whether it be drugs,sexual desires,getting drunk,anything that isn't what God wants for you,that's a temptation. I seem to overlook a lot of these,but I still deal with them. Some are easier to say no to and not let them affect me. Some are extremely difficult and I seem to get mad at God after,even though it was my choice. He won't stop the temptations from coming. The more you deal with and reject by taking the high road,the better you'll be. It's just one test after another. The more you pass,the stronger you'll be.

So the next time you find yourself in a situation like that,or any that doesn't feel right...just pray. You don't even have to be formal. Just talk to God,ask Him to help you and He promises that He always will:)

No comments:

Post a Comment