Monday, May 9, 2011

P628

The greatest thing I've ever read,came from a fictional book about reality. I still remember getting chills the second I finished the sentence. The Shack was a book written about a mans weekend with God,Jesus,and the Holy Spirit. It's really hard to explain unless you read it. Anyways,the part that still haunts me with complete and total peace went like this.

In the book,Mac(the main character) is siting on a boat dock with Jesus one night. He was worried and totally scared by things going on in his life. He looked over at Jesus and said,"but I'm so scared." Jesus looked back at him and said,"Why? I'm not,and I'm always with you."

Just thinking about that kills me. The fact that I have no reason to worry or be scared,yet I am sometimes just makes me feel horrible. Psalm 62:8 says,"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge." He's always with us,and He's always waiting on us. All we have to do is submit ourselves,our pain,our fear to Him and He'll take care of the rest. It's sometimes almost too easy to serve a God of such incredible power...

No comments:

Post a Comment