Tuesday, May 3, 2011

P411

How often do you find yourself content when the world is crashing down on you and when there seems to be no hope in your life? I'm assuming you probably said never because that's near impossible. But,with an unfailing and always present Savior,we can get better at it.

I feel content when it's sunny out,when I'm with my friends,when I have money,and so on;but I'm usually not when it's pouring rain,alone,broke and so on. In Philippians 4:11 Paul says,"For I have learned to be content,whatever the circumstances." Coming from a guy who holds the record for the worst life story,I can believe it's possible. This dude use to persecute Christians,lie,cheat,steal,you name it. Then one day God made it all flip turn upside down. He later went on to write over half the New Testament,but in that journey he faced a lot of hard times. He was nearly killed over a dozen times,starved for weeks,didn't have shelter or even water...and he's saying that he has 'learned' to be content. I emphasize learned because he wasn't born with that feeling. He had to go through some rough times to get it down,that no matter what's going on in life,his Savior was there with him and for him.

It's easy to get dragged down when things don't happen in our time or way,but we need to remember that God is working on things in our lives that we can't even see. We can't fathom how hard He is working in and around us. So until you see it,be content knowing that our God is greater,stronger,always with you and nothing can be against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment