Wednesday, March 2, 2011

M2239

I'm a huge hypocrite. I've been even more so lately.

A buddy of mine was in a band last year,and their hit single had a lyric of "Love your Savior and your neighbor,like yourself." It's a quote out of Matthew 22. The verses say,"Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself." I've always been GREAT at that. For the longest time,people told me my heart was too big for me. I was extremely compassionate and caring towards everyone,whether I knew them or not.

When you get older,things change. Your friends bail on you,they lie to you,girls cheat on you,and so on. Life was much easier when I was 18.

I was talking to a friend the other night,and she reminded me of the Golden Rule,which I base off this verse,it's just too bad that no matter how much you do it,the world won't in return. In life,you love,and get dumped on. You're there for friends,who aren't there for you. I don't know if that means they don't love themselves or not,but if you base that verse off their lives,they don't.

I love listening to that song that I was talking about in the first paragraph (Above The Golden State-"The Golden Rule",check it out),because it's a good reminder of it. Even if you'll never be loved by someone,you should still love them. You should always be faithful to someone,if they aren't to you. You should be a good friend to someone,even if they aren't to you.

If I'm living a negative,hate filled life towards people,what does that say about how I love my Savior?

Let your life reflect that love. If you love your Savior;love your friends,and yourself the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment