Monday, April 25, 2011

M1822

You haven't lived until you've found yourself with no friends,until you've been hurt by everyone,been to lied to by your closest friend,been cheated on by the perfect girl,and been abandoned by your own family. That's pretty common these days,but you have to let that go. People will make mistakes and intentionally hurt you,but you have to forgive them and move on.

Being mad at someone doesn't hurt them. If you're angry at someone,there isn't a psychological power you can harness to hurt them by having negative thoughts and emotions towards them,it'll only hurt you. Countless times in the Bible you hear about forgiveness. That's a hard task sometimes. I've honestly gave up on so many people because of the constant garbage they caused in my life,but I've always forgiven them,but it also hasn't been easy.

Peter plays the best role of this in the Bible,I think. Jesus tells him that he's not suppose to forgive someone once,or twice or even seven times. He actually says to forgive those who hurt us seven times seventy times. So,the 491st time we don't have to do it? No,Jesus was emphasizing the extreme amount of forgiveness we should have. If you have to forgive someone 490 times,there might be a problem,but that's not the point. I find myself having to do it with people constantly,and then I kinda reevaluate if that person should be in my life or not,either way,I always forgive.

We have to,as believers,forgive everyone otherwise God won't forgive us. That comes along the lines of being "Christlike". He forgave everyone and looks past their faults and sins,and we should always do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment