Friday, April 15, 2011

M516

Today,something weird happened to me. I took my mom some lunch to her work and sat with her for a bit. While I was in her office,a woman who works with her who is older,came up to me and asked if I could help her out. So,I said sure. She told me about how her daughter had been getting into trouble with the law and so on,well she has a young son. After hearing the story,the woman asked me if I could spend some time with him,as a mentor. That's something I've never really done before,but it kinda felt good to be asked,so I said of course I would.

This woman,who probably doesn't know the Lord,who doesn't even really know me that well,asked me to help this young boy out. She said that I'm always so positive, encouraging and good morale. I was kind of in shock,but when I was hearing all of this,a song popped into my head. Newsboys have a song called "Shine". If you don't know it,the chorus is based off of Matthew 5:16,"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."

I've been portraying someone good,someone honest and trustwothy when I'm around these people just for a few minutes at a time. I've been trusted with another life,in a way to bring someone who's in an early developmental stage and in a horrible home,to help bring him up in a better way. I couldn't believe it,but I felt so blessed to have the chance to do it.

Remember,you never know who's watching you and your actions really speak louder than any word you could ever say...I'm just glad it worked out for something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment