Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I535

I love how hard it is for us as humans to make a sacrifice. Giving up something always seems to be difficult no matter what it is. But what do our sacrifices bring us?

Now,this is something I don't always think about since I've already got it covered,but how often do you think about the sacrifices God has made for you? It's hard to understand it or even think about it without it seeming like a big deal.Like hey,God can do anything,so His sacrifices are simple...I don't think so. I honestly believe that God felt the pain when Jesus died on the Cross. If you read The Shack,in the story,God's character has the same wound marks on His hands,as did Jesus;since they're a three-in-one bundle package.

Isaiah 53:5 (even before it actually happened),says "He was pierced for our rebellion,crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole.He was whipped so we could be healed." Now,Jesus didn't have to go through that. He could have stayed in Heaven and have never came. I couldn't imagine how different the world would be though. We'd still be slaying little lambs left and right in sacrifices for forgiveness,and who knows what else.

I guess my point here,is that God makes huge sacrifices,I still think He does to this day but I can't see them. Knowing that He gave up such a huge part of His life for us makes me want to do the same. I'm far from perfect,I sin A LOT,but He still loves me just the same. That makes me want to throw up,trying to understand a perfect love makes my mind read "Tilt". How hard would it be to give up something that puts a barrier in between you and Him? I mean,look at what He did...shouldn't we be able to do something back,even if it's minimal? We can't come to Earth and die for all of humanity and sin,but we should be able to throw down something in our lives that isn't pleasing to Him.

I love that God doesn't ask for a lot,but I still find it hard to meet all of His requirements. I get so engulfed in my own life,ways,and sin,that I feel like it's too hard. I think today I just changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment