Sunday, March 6, 2011

P413

I love knowing that God is always there to help us. There's a million verses that insure us that He's always here and always able to help. But I believe that God won't until you believe it. That in your daily life,you expect to see God work in your life on your behalf.

One verse I love,is Philippians 4:13. It says,"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." I'm not saying if you believe that verse,you'll win the $350,000,000 lottery or be able to run up Mt.Everest;but in your daily trials,you'll be able to overcome them. I sometimes take the Bible too literally,but that's a good thing when it comes to certain context. If I had faith the size of a mustard seed,I wouldn't waste it on telling a mountain to swan dive into the Pacific,I'd use it for some good. I'd believe that He has the best interest for me,that He wants to see me do great things,to better His kingdom somehow.

How often do you find yourself feeling defeated? I'm going pro in the division. I let Satan get to me a lot. I'm usually quick to recover,but I want to get the point where I can stop it before it happens. God promises to strengthen me. "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"-Isa 40:30. Wait meaning those who trust in Him. I should be world's strongest man status by now,but I let these stupid thoughts get to me. I let the enemy defeat me before I've even started something.

I want to dwell more on knowing that God is ever-present. To actually remember,every second of everyday,that He's ready to help me in anything I have to do. I want to be stronger in Him,because He says we can do all things,but only with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment