Tuesday, March 29, 2011

R715

I think we all try to live "better lives" at some point in time. I know I've been in horrible situations and chose to leave them behind to live more of the life God has planned for me,but it's not always easy.

How often do you find yourself trying to live a "Holy" life,and you seem to just end up doing the opposite? I do it daily,we all stumble,but it seems to come even more when we strive for that better life. I love what Paul says in Romans 7:15,because it's exactly how I feel. It says,"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I don't do, but what I hate I do." Knowing that one of the strongest men in history had the same problem as me,makes me feel a little better,but it doesn't solve it.

Our intentions and our actions are different from each other. Our intentions come from our mind/spirit/heart,and our actions come from our body. Now getting those two things to line up is quite a challenge. You could want to fight crime with your intentions,but you actions could end up causing more. It's tough trying to get them in sync,but it's very possible.

I think "practice makes perfect" is a great example here. What do you practice daily? I don't have any patience,and I practice that quite a bit each day so little by little my patience gets shorter. If you practice something positive,it'll become more and more. So practice peace,happiness,or even patience if you're like me. You'll find that your intentions and your actions can become the same and you won't be talking like Paul does in complete confusion over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment