Friday, March 11, 2011

J16:33

Right now can be a scary time. There's a lot going on in the world;between natural disaster,crime,sickness and so on. But,one thing has always kept me at some peace even without thinking about it...God.

I tend to worry about the dumbest things sometimes,and other times I'm extremely strong in my faith knowing that everything happens for some good and that it'll all be alright. One verse that always brings my soul some rest is John 16:33. It reads, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Man,think about that verse right now. In the midst of all this chaos,trouble and pain,we can have peace knowing that God has overcome all of it.

I encourage you today to not worry,not to fear a single thing. Matthew 6:27 puts it pretty clear,"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?". You can't. You do two things when you worry: You let Satan win,and you tell God you don't trust Him and His plans. Knowing that,I never want to worry again because those are two things I don't want to ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment