Sunday, March 13, 2011

L638


I don't know about you,but I like to give a lot. I rarely keep anything or do anything for myself. I was raised with that motto, "It's better to give than to receive" and that's how it's been since I can remember.

I started volunteering when I was young,like around 8 or 9. I never fully understood what it meant until I was much older. It can mean the world to someone if you give a hand or a few bucks to someone in need. You'll never fully understand it until you're the person in need. I know in some cases giving money can be hard. You're worried about bills,and food and so on,but I believe God will always take care of me. He's never once forsaken me. He's gotten pretty close,and really stretched my faith,but He's always prevailed in any circumstance I've come across.

I like to think of it as a system,but only in good manner. This verse I'm focusing on,Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Now,let me clarify. I don't do things because I want something in return,that would just be pointless. I do it out of good nature and a servants heart...but the cool thing is,God sees it and says He'll repay us. I love knowing that God sees everything and remembers it.

There's been times when I didn't tithe,and still made it. There's been times that I did tithe,and still made it. I'm not saying that if you don't give to someone in need or give to God,that you'll burn in hell and live in poverty until you die,doesn't work like that.You will reap what you sow. I use a really easy system for my priorities. In case you didn't know,my mothers name is Joy. Joy in my mind,represents [Jesus,Others,and You...J.O.Y.]. That's how our life should be lived;for Jesus(first),others(second),and then yourself(last).

Try giving to someone in need. A homeless man on the corner,someone in the grocery store in line with you,at the gas station...there's no set amount. Just give and help someone out. You could help them out with it in so many ways. Maybe they're broke,or had a bad day,or maybe they don't know the Lord and your case of kindness could lead them to questions about Him. You never know until you try. Start out small and see how it feels,and see how God repays you.

You could make a big difference in someones life by doing such the littlest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment