Tuesday, March 22, 2011

R53

I've been having a bad day.Not a normal bad day,but one in my own control. I'm actually choosing to have a bad day...but why?

Satan tends to attack us at key points in our lives. He's pretty good at it,he knows just the right times when we're weak and not relying on God for our strength. For me,it's usually when I come off of my "high" from the Holy Spirit. I guess last night I made a difference in someones life without even realizing it,well,this morning was a great time for him to come at me with all he had,and he won. I let myself cave and fall into an angry and depressing state of mind. I looked at my problems and let them overwhelm me.

When I got home this afternoon I was reading in Romans,and I wish I would have this morning because I could have used what I read to instead bring me up instead of letting myself get down. Romans 5:3-5 says, "And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."

I like knowing that God uses even bad times in our lives to brighten us up. Even in those times,He still wants the best for me.I feel like I'm learning a lot more these days than my mind can handle. It seems as if every corner I turn,there's a lesson waiting for me in the weirdest way. I felt like I was getting stale for a while;like just reading to know stuff,not reading to grow. God reconnected me in a way last night that I really can't describe,but it was enough to get me wanting to grow again. I want my spirit to be huge too,not just me.
I truly feel like I'm understanding James 1:2 more now,"when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy", because it seems as soon as I go through some "storm" in life,I always come out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment