Sunday, March 27, 2011

M626

Today I was sitting outside and I saw a group of birds land in the middle of a parking lot. Now,I can't really tell facial expression because I don't know if they can smile or frown,but I can tell they were quite happy. They chirped and splashed water in a small puddle like it was their spring break. If you were in Grants Pass today,you would have noticed how dark and dreary it was,then all of the sudden a huge spot of blue sky took over the valley. It got warm and the sun was shinning bright. As I sat and watched those birds,Matthew 6 came to mind. Verse 26 says,"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Kinda makes you think that if a bird trusts God to provide for them,shouldn't we?

I'm pretty bad with this. I believe God will always provide for me,yet it's when He stretches my faith,that's when I tend to worry. That's kinda funny because the next verse(6:27) says,"Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" Nope,you can't. In fact,I'm pretty sure it'll slowly kill you. This is something I need to remind myself of daily,and I'm glad God was able to remind me in such a simple way,by watching a few birds play in a parking lot.

I don't know why God chooses to do things the way He does,but it seems that I learn the greatest lessons,or am at least reminded of something,in the most random ways. I love it. If anything,it shows that He wants to remind me constantly of His provisions and love,even when I don't actually see either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment