Monday, March 7, 2011

M54648

No one is perfect,yet that shouldn't stop us from trying to be more like Jesus. In life we are always told to be more "Christ-like". What does that mean? If I can't come to earth and live in a perfect human form and die for the sins of man...what can I do?

I love,let me emphasize,LOVE Matthew. The book is absolutely incredible. My favorite verses are in chapter 5. Verses 46-48 say,"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

I love how Jesus talks to us like we're stupid. The way He spoke,makes me tremble in how dumb I can be sometimes. Those verses are so simple and straight to the point:Don't just love people you like,love everyone;because even the evil of this earth will love someone,yet it's only people they like.

I don't think there's anyone on this planet that dislikes more people than I do. I've given up on almost everyone I know. Yet,I read verses like this,and it changes my thinking...I'm becoming more like Jesus. I see someone that says bad things about me,or an old girlfriend that cheated on me...and I don't feel hate anymore. I love them. I usually pray for them when I see whoever it may be.

It's amazing to see changes come in your life,just from reading a simple verse or two. Imagine if you spent a few minutes each day for a week,how much different would you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment