Wednesday, March 30, 2011

M610

I like the word "will",but only in certain aspects. When referring to the Lord's Will I get excited. It's so awesome to think that God actually has a good plan for me and for nothing bad. I hate that word when I think of my own.

In the bible,in Matthew,Jesus tells us how to pray. It's called the Lord's Prayer...you know,"Our Father in Heaven,hallowed be thy name" and so on. To be honest,I never thought much about it. I don't pray like that. I pray for what's going on in my life and pretty much complain to God until He changes things...it doesn't work like that.

The verse I'm focused on today is 6:10b,which simply says,"THY will be done",not mine or his or hers,Gods. I've gone down my own paths before,and ended up right on my butt. Showbread has a lyric in "The Journey" and it simply says,"My will be done, done did it,did the everything that leads to nothing." He says he did his own thing and came out with nothing,that's how life is. I always come across awesome opportunities,but I rarely pray for God's will. I assume that if something is in my life,it was God's will...not always.

I can't count how many times I've been completely pissed off at God,literally screaming at the sky at Him,only to realize that God didn't forsake me,I did. When you give your life to God,you have to give all of it. We may go to church once or twice a week,but that doesn't mean we're Christians once or twice a week,it's a constant. That includes your ambitions and dreams too. God knows what's best for us. I think I'll leave all the hard decision making parts to the Guy who made me,and stop trying to find my own means to a salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment